PERSONAL WEALTH THE WORLD IN YOUR POCKET
|Destination||Places/Package||Per Person Cost* (Rs)|
|Thailand||Pattaya, Bankok 4 N/5D—Flight, stay, sightseeing||30,100|
|Dubai||Dubai 4N/5D—Visa, flight, stay, sighseeing||35,175|
|Mauritius||North/South/lle Aux Cerf Islands 6N/7D — Flight, stay, sightseeing||51,150|
|Malaysia||Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya 4N/5D — Flight, stay, sightseeing||30,445|
|Singapore||Singapore 4N/5D — Flight, stay, sightseeing||42,750|
|Turkey||Cappadocia, Pamukkale, Kusadasi, Istanbul 6N/7D— Flight, stay, sightseeing||100,000|
|Switzerland||Lucerne,Titlis, Interlaken, Bern, Geneva 6N/7D — Flight, stay, sightseeing||152,650|
|Europe||UK, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy.Spain 14N/15D — Flight £food||240,650|
|Paris||Paris 5N/6D—Stay £ sightseeing||44,530|
|US||LA, LV, San Francisco, Washington DC, Chicago, Toronto, Montreal 12N/13D—Flight, stay, sightseeing||3,20,500|
|Australia||Gold Coast, Cairns,Sydney 7N/8D — Flight,stay,sightseeing, insurance||1,18,000+AUD
|New Zealand||Auckland, Rotorua, Queenstown £ Christchurch 9N/10D — Flight, visa, stay £ sightseeing||1,21,158+NZD 2,175|
|Amazon to Andes||Lima, Inca trail, Cusco, Amazon Jungle, Ollyataytambo 11N/12D — Flight, stay £ sightseeing||1,34,117|
|South Africa||CapeTown, Jo’burg, Gondwana, Knysna, Oudtshoorn 8N/9D—Stay, local transportation, sightseeing||58,000|
|Antarctica||Ushuaia, Drake Passage, Shetland Islands 10N/11D — Flight, visa, stay, select means, parka £ boots||6,75,000|
* INDICATIVE BASE PRICE. PRICE/PACK AGE MAY VARY SOURCE: TRAVEL AGENTS
bridge shortfalls in your travel budget.
There are several banks that offer travel loans at competitive rates — often in the range of 11-14 per cent per annum. Take for instance, the travel loan (titled ‘Bon Voyage’) by
KarurVysyaBank: the bank offers up to Rs 5 lakh for overseas travel, repayable in 36 months.
Bank of India’s Star Holiday loan scheme allows loans between Rs 10,000 and Rs 2 lakh without any collateral and up to Rs 5 lakh against collateral security. Federal
Bank also has a scheme that pays up to Rs 5 lakh. The loan amount can be used to buy tickets and meet other expenses.
“Most banks only pay up to 80 per cent of the total cost. The remaining 20 per cent has to be paid by the customer as down payment. Rates are nego
tiable in the case of travel loans; if you are a good customer, you may get travel loans at cheaper rates,” says Siripuram.
Tour operators such as Thomas Cook, Cox &
Kings and Kuoni have tied up with banks to offer ‘travel savings accounts’ to customers. With these options, customers can save enough money before they get on the plane to their favourite destination.
The basic idea here is to prompt people to invest a fixed sum of money every month in recurring deposit (RD) accounts. The tenure of such accounts could be around a year.
“Indians like to save for their holidays. Our ‘holiday investment plan’ helps customers to save for their future holiday,” says Vishal Suri, chief executive, Tour Operating, Kuoni India.
“At the beginning of the year, we tell our customers how much (approximately) will they need to travel to a destination of their choice. We break the cost into monthly installments and advise them to invest in RD accounts. At the end of tenure (after a year), the customer would have enough to meet his travel cost.